Saturday, January 11, 2014

Our Journey (Miracle needed)#38

Have you ever found yourself at one of those places in life where you need something and everyone around you seems to be getting it.   Normally when that happens, it upsets me...I find myself sounding like a little kid who says, "How come she gets to have that and I can't?"   Recently, however, I find that my reaction is much different...I must be growing up!

See, I am in need of the miraculous.   I need Jeff to be healed.  I have prayed  and prayed and prayed. I've researched and studied, I've hung on the doctor's words (and his body language).  But I find that what I need is for  God to step in and do what no man can do.   To simply touch my husband and heal him.

All my life, I have believed in miracles.   I've seen them happen.  I've prayed for barren women to have children, and just a few weeks later learned that they were carrying a baby.  I've prayed for headaches to go away and they have.   When I was in college, I prayed for God to do the miraculous and get my college bill paid...He provided every penny plus 50 cents that I could buy a Coke with.   I've seen him heal sick people, deliver people from addiction, restore marriages that were impossible to restore,  and provide for needs in ways that could not be explained in human terms.  So you cannot convince me that miracles are a figment of my imagination.   I've seen them with my own eyes.

Right now, I need one!   Jeff went to his oncologist on Friday for his routine chemo treatment.  He always sees the doctor before the treatment.   During our chat with him, he mentioned some shortness of breath and worsening of his cough.  After listening to his chest, he confirmed what we suspected might be happening, the fluid on his lungs has apparently returned.   He set him up for thorocentesis to be done on Monday morning, followed by a CT scan.   He will then look at the scan to see if the cancer is again growing.  (The presence of the fluid suggests that it could be.)   If that is the case, then it means Jeff's chemo is no longer working and they will change his chemo.  The side effects for the chemo's that are left for him to try are not good.   He would once again lose his hair, but more importantly, nausea and joint pain would most likely return.

Friends, this is the miracle I am praying for, I hope you will join me: 1)that when they draw fluid from his lungs, they find very little and that it be not related to the cancer. 2)when they look at the CT scan, they not only see that the cancer has not grown but also that it is in fact shrinking or gone.  3)that our doctor (Dr. Bandheri) will understand that this is nothing short of a miracle and that a door will be opened for us to lead him to the Lord.

I know it's a big one...but it's not too big for our God.    We've just returned from an awesome conference with InCharacter (a creative arts ministry school), and during one of the services we were near the front praying.   Someone came from behind and began praying over our family and though I don't remember the whole prayer, they said this, "God, let their ordinary meet Your extra" and immediately the thought popped in my mind, "and let Your super meet our natural".   We need a miracle.   A SUPERNATURAL, EXTRAORDINARY move of God on our behalf.

Will you join us by calling our family's name out to God and petitioning Him on our behalf.   Yes, I am anxious, but I am also anticipating this miracle.   For the last year and a half He has been teaching me to trust Him and I do.   Regardless of the outcome of Monday's test, I will continue to trust Him.   But I will not let one waking moment between now and then pass without my crying out to Him for healing.   Phillipians 4:6 reminds me to be anxious about nothing but to carry everything to Him.   That is what I will do.   Oh Lord, be merciful and just like You did in Ezra 8:23, hear my prayer and answer your servant... and exchange my anxiety for Your peace.

3 comments:

  1. I so understand hw you're feeling and I'm believing with you for a miracle!!! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add your husband and you to my prayer list. I am currently fighting cancer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today! Love Paul and Trina Ensminger

    ReplyDelete