Monday, October 6, 2014

Groundhog's Day

Have you ever watched the movie, Groundhog  Day?   You know the one where Bill Murray keeps waking up and its the same day...over and over and over?   Well, I feel like I am trapped in that movie, only it's not so funny.

We are approaching the seven month anniversary of Jeff's home going in just 3 short days.  Seven months of missing him.  Seven months of asking God why only to come to the conclusion over and over that God is sovereign.

Today, we put my dear, dear friend into hospice care.  Watching her family is like having an out of body experience.   The struggles, the decisions, the tears, the fears... it is a different day, but it sure feels very much the same.

The past few days I have begged God for more time.  Begged Him to heal my friend.   We have a plan...we planned to go on the road together!  Glorifying God all the way.   But tonight, unless the Lord intervenes (and we believe very much that He can), it won't be long until she sees Jesus.

Anne has been my friend for the last fifteen years.   She has worked with me in kitchen that were 900 degrees and never once threatened to quit on me.   She has had my back when it seemed that world was turning against me.  She has made me laugh and held my hand as I cried.   Black Friday just isn't Black Friday until she and I can meet up and shop.   We may not buy a thing but we sure do enjoy shopping.  She has a crazy (as in insane) addiction to pigs, which I may have contributed to on occasion.   She has a knack for burning things that should not be capable of burning...but somehow!

Tonight, I am faced with the possibility of losing my friend.  My heart is breaking.   All over again.   To be honest, I just want to scream.   I don't want lose her...she's as close as a sister.  Still, I know, that I know, that I know that God is good.   He knows our first day and our last.   When life is not fair, He is still good.

He comforted my heart today and as I visited with Anne tonight, I saw it on her face, too.   She is being comforted by the One who loves her more than we can fathom.   She is strong and she is a fighter.   She loves her family and she loves God.

Tonight, I find myself praying for her.  For her husband and her daughter.  For her brothers and their wives.   For her nieces and nephews.   And for her friends (me included).   That we will all know the comfort that can only come from God.

I will NOT stop praying for her healing.   I am not giving up on this!  I believe that God can heal her and was reminded again tonight of just how powerful he is.   I will keep on praying.  I'd appreciate it if you would join me, too.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your words. There's a group of her first cousins here in Texas who are just a bit jealous that you get to hold her hand and give her hugs, but are also thankful for her dear friends such as yourself. We join your heart-felt prayers. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written! I am so glad they have you to continue to lift them up right now. You are a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete