Monday, June 3, 2013

Our Journey (Entry 23)

I've probably put more thought into how to start this post than any other post I've written thus far.   Still, even as I write this, I'm not sure how I want to say all that I have to say.   Guess I'll just jump right in.  Friday, Jeff was scheduled for his follow-up scan, however on Wednesday he began feeling poorly.   When we arrived for the scan on Friday they sent us straight to the ER.   After a battery of tests, the conclusion was that he had fluid on the lungs and some around his heart and then the part we didn't want to hear...the cancer is back.    After meeting with our doctors and having our options laid out before us, Jeff decided that he will try to do the chemotheraphy again.   This time the regimen will look a little different.   He will not do radiation.   He will only have one kind of chemo, not two.   Our hope is to begin the chemo treatments tomorrow.

This is not what we were hoping for...however, our faith is still in a God who heals.  We have a peace that He is in control.  We will be assertive, doing what is within our power to do (following Dr.s orders, changing diet and researching other wellness measures).   We are thankful for medicine and technology that allows cancer patients to live longer, fuller lives...still, we understand that we serve the great Physician.   We are trusting Him for healing, for the miraculous.  

In times like this, I run to the only place I know to go...to my God.  I am so thankful for his Word that ministers to me on so many levels.   I am thankful for the body of Christ that continues to lift us up in prayer and gives us amazing support.   I am thankful for music that God has always used to minister to my soul.   We are blessed.

There are many questions we have that we don't have the answers to.   Many tears have been shed already...I'm sure there are more to come.   We don't know what the future holds.  We are hoping for the best...but honestly, the best the medical profession has to offer us falls short of what we need.  What we need is a miracle.   An honest to goodness touch from the Savior.   We can relate to the woman with the issue of blood who knew that if she could just touch the hem of His garment, she would be made whole.   We know that anything short of His touch will be less than what we need.  We are desperate for a miracle.  We have friends and family all over the world who are praying for us.  We ask that you believe with us for that.   Believe that God will heal.  Believe that God will sustain.  Believe that God will use this situation to bring more people to Him.  Our heart's cry is that God would be glorified in everything we do...we want the way we respond to this crisis to glorify Him as well.

PRAY!   Please don't give up!  We will not give up!  Our spirit's are steadfast in the Lord.   Our hope is in Him.  Join us in this fight...no one fights alone...and if God is for me, who can be against me!   In every part of this journey join us in saying, to God be the glory, great things He has done!   Expect a miracle!

5 comments:

  1. We are praying and believing God for a miracle!
    Love you both,
    Russ and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is sovereign still! He is still a healer - of our bodies, of our spirits, of our will, of our emotions. Trust Him for the best outcome even as we pray for His intervention! Prayer warriors are behind you both and will not be silenced. Be bold and courageous for the Lord is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby please know I'm praying for you guys...I've shed a few tears of my own as my heart hurts for you...stay strong and believe....<><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to pray for your family too. May you find peace through this journey.

    "... But instead of calling for a wrecking ball, He does the unthinkable: He moves in. Instead of a hammer, He carries a suitcase. He gives us something we could never afford on our own—Himself—telling us we don’t have to live here anymore, alone." -Pena.

    I hope you all continue to feel his presence as he walks this journey with you.
    Amy Mills

    ReplyDelete