Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our Journey (Post 26)

Faith.  It's a little word.  Just five letters.  Dynamite comes in small packages...likewise, this little word, when applied properly, packs a powerful punch.   Hebrews tells us that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  It's confidence in what we've hoped for and assurance in what we can't see.   It's more than believing in something, it's knowing, like know that you know knowing, that it will come to pass.   Not because you can see it with your eyes, but rather inspite of the fact that you can't see it.

For the last several months, God has been working on growing my faith.   You've read about our hurdles and how we've learned to trust Him in the midst of our struggles.   But recently He has been calling our faith to come up to another level...to step it up a notch (or two).   It started on May 31st, when Jeff had to go back in the hospital and we learned that the cancer was back.   For the last two weeks there has been a non-stop dialog going on between me and God.

I don't believe in chance...I believe that the steps of a righteous man (or woman) are ordered by the Lord.   I believe that everything that happens in the life of a believer is for a specific purpose.    Our job is not to figure out what that purpose is, but instead it is to trust God and glorify Him in everything.  So when this new twist in our journey came along, I found myself frustrated because I was trying to figure out what the purpose was.   Why?   Why?   Why?  That's what I kept asking.  

I'm so glad that God is patient with me and when I don't get something on the first try, He always gives me another chance to learn.  And when I'm really slow...He sends me confirmation, signs along the way, so I know that I'm on the right path.  That's exactly what He has been doing for the last few days.

I told you, in my last blog, that He sent a friend to tell me to believe for Jeff's healing.   Since that post, He has sent me so many confirmations that I've lost track.    Today alone, He sent me like five seperate confirmations.   A miracle is in the works.

I know it as sure as I know my name.   I appreciate doctors and all that they do...but I do not have faith in their word.   I am thankful for friends who support us in times like this, but I do not put my faith in their understanding of our tomorrow.   I love my husband, but my faith is not in how he feels.   My faith is in God and God alone.

All my life  I have professed to believe in Him.   I've said that I believe in miracles, though I've never witnessed one.   But today, something clicked in my spirit.   There was a shift...I went from believing that a miracle was possible to expecting a miracle.   Then, almost within a hair of a second, I felt him saying,  "Come deeper in your faith, Daughter.   You're expecting a miracle...now, will you expect it today?"   It was as it He was drawing me out into deeper water, much like what I would expect that Peter felt when Jesus beckoned him to get out of the boat.

God has used people, scripture, music, prayer, and other things that I just don't have words for to confirm for me that Jeff is healed.   His healing is done.   I truly believe that God will get all credit for this one.  The doctors will have to say, "God did this."   No other explanation.


I've asked God to help me believe, to make my faith bigger.   In  the gospel of Luke, chapter 17, the apostles asked Jesus a similar question..5The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
6He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.
Well, today, I got it! The lightbulb came on, the fog cleared. If the apostles could command a tree to be uprooted and planted in the sea, then I can command cancer to be uprooted and die. My faith is not in my power, but in His power. It's not in my ability, but in His. His Word tells me in John 14:12 that in fact we will do even greater things than what Jesus did during His earthly ministry...because He went to the Father. I believe that! Just like He said it...no ifs, ands, or buts. God said it...that settles it. I choose to believe it! 
 
Some of you will think I've lost my mind...that's ok. But some are just brave enough, or crazy enough, to have faith with me. If that is the case, keep your eyes open. Expect a miracle. Put a smile on your face. Praise Him for it and don't stop, not even for a second, giving Him glory!

From Psalm 91 (the scripture God has given me since the 1st day of our journey)

    15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
         I will be with him in trouble,
        I will deliver him and honor him.
   16 With long life I will satisfy him
        and show him my salvation.”


I'm expecting a miracle.  I'm expecting a "long life" for my husband.   FAITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment