Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our Journey - Post 27 (Double barrels)

Well, I must've ticked off the devil with yesterday's post!  Today, he has come at us with both barrels.  Today, we learned that the fluid is back on Jeff's lungs.    The creatinine level in is kidneys still is not at a safe level for him to begin the chemo (Alimpta) that the doctor wanted to use...soooo we will start a different kind of chemo on Friday and after that he will have the fluid drained from his lungs again.

I am still holding fast to the promises of God.   We believe that his healing is done...we continue to praise God for it, even though we can't see it yet.  

Today, I sat down and read a little book that a friend sent me about Holy Communion and how it brings health and wholeness (Joseph Prince).   It was eye-opening for me and so I started sharing it with Jeff...believe it or not, that is exactly what the sermon he had just finished writing was about.   I'm sorry, I have to believe that is God.    Jesus' body was broken so that we can be whole and live in health.   I just had never considered that truth about communion.

Another study that I am doing reminded me that not all facts are true.   The facts are that Jeff has cancer.   The facts say that the type of cancer he has drastically shortens your life.   Only problem is the facts don't factor in the TRUTH.    The TRUTH says that Christ was broken and bruised so that we can be healed.   The TRUTH says that when we call on Him, He will answer.  The TRUTH says that He will give us long life (Ps 91).   Facts are great, but we choose to believe TRUTH over facts.

Tonight Jeff has been struggling quite a bit.   He preached and did a great job, but as soon as we got home, he nearly collapsed with exhaustion and shortly after the coughing came back with a vengence.   So I'm sitting up tonight...praying over my husband.  Claiming truth for him.   I will man my post as long as necessary.   Others are on watch with me.   All over the world, I know folks are praying for him.  Please don't stop.

The devil came at us today with both barrels...but I intend to hit him with an atom bomb!   Do not mess with a wife who understands how powerful the God she serves is.   Not in my own power but with the power of God in me, I will proclaim that TRUTH will win!


1 comment:

  1. I admire your strength and determination. I, too, believe WE will win this fight so that our beloved pastor can be restored to good health, and preach the Gospel for many, many years to come. I love you and your family, Libby.
    Judy Brannon

    ReplyDelete