Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Morning...HE LIVES!

Easter morning...it's always been my favorite holiday!  It was on this morning that my precious savior rose from the grave, defeated death and won the victory for all time.   For the last several years, I have been so exhausted by the time Easter gets here, I've missed some of the blessing that comes with observing this day.

For the last 13 years or so, I've directed an Easter production.  For months on end, I would brainstorm and work to make each production as realistic and evangelistic as possible.   We have seen many come to know the Lord through these productions so not having one seemed ridiculous to me.   But sometimes, God does ridiculous things!   You see, sometimes I got so caught up in the drama, I forgot who the drama was about.

I have to admit, I feel like a fish out of water...it just doesn't feel right.   I feel like I should be building a set, or doing makeup, or leading a song, or writing a scene...but this year God said, "No".   Just as I said yesterday...He is saying be still.   Be still doesn't always mean do nothing...but this time, I think it means that I am to slow down...and really think about the reason I celebrate Easter.

This being my first Easter without Jeff, I found myself dreading this day.   You see, Easter was his favorite holiday, too.  He would light up just talking about Easter and the Resurrection of our Lord!   So to spend the day without him, well frankly, it scares me.   I've tried to stay busy, but I don't think I can be busy enough to keep me from missing him.   Everywhere I look, I am reminded of what I have lost.  As I sat licking my wounds, I was reminded that Jeff will have the best Easter ever this year...he is with our Savior!   Knowing that brings me comfort...but still my heart hurts.

My struggle with sadness on this happiest day of the year in a Christian's life has made me think.   What does His resurrection mean for me?   I have based my entire belief system on the events of this one day.  Had it not been for this day, my Savior would just like all the other heads of religions...he would be dead, in a grave.   But He's not!  He is alive!   And because He lives, that makes everything different!   Because He lives, everything He said is validated.   And He said that He came to give us life more abundantly.

I remember hearing Bill Gaither sing this old song:

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know, I know
He holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

I can face tomorrow.  All fear is gone.  He holds my future.  So yes, life is worth living...because He lives!  I can't promise I won't shed a tear today...too late, already have.   But I can promise this...I will praise my precious Savior today.   I will proclaim His goodness!   I will worship Him with all my energy...JUST BECAUSE HE LIVES!   That's all the reason I need.

If you are reading this blog and you haven't met my Jesus...but you'd like to...He's only a breath away.   He's alive and well today and it would be my great pleasure to introduce you to Him.  This year, I don't have a spectacular drama to bring you to Him...all I have is my experience.   If you want to meet Him, please contact me...you can simply leave a message in the comments and I will contact you.   I can promise you this...my Jesus definitely wants to meet you!!

Happy Easter...HE LIVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment