Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Our Journey #11


November 5, 2012

It's been several days since I've posted last.   Today, Jeff had his 3rd chemo treatment.   For the most part, he is feeling good and we are thankful for that.    We made sure to vote early so he won't have to be around a ton of people tomorrow.   Thursday he will be rescanned and prepped for radiation.   We are praying that the tumor has either shrunk or disappeared completely.    Tonight, as our country is on edge, waiting for the outcome of tomorrow's election...I find myself holding my breath and hoping for good results on Thursday.  

Even as I say that, I am reminded that God is already in my tomorrow.   He goes before me and I should not fear.   I think one of my earlier posts was dedicated to fear or rather my victory over it.  So tonight, I just wanted to remind myself that I should not fear.   First, when I think about all the things that had to happen in order for Jeff to even get a diagnosis in the first place, I KNOW GOD IS IN CONTROL.  Then when I think about the mountains that He's already moved for us, I KNOW GOD IS IN CONTROL and I  am reminded that He is concerned about our every need.

God's word has become alive to me in a new way throughout this ordeal.   He gave me this passage early on in this and once again today, He has reminded me that it is true:
Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the Lord, who is my refuge—
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Verse 5 and verses 14 through 16 have become my mantra!   I rehearse them over and over and over in my head.  Along with it, I rehearse the many ways He has met every need.   Sometimes, when you are overwhelmed by the "what if's", you just need to stop and rehearse!   Rehearse His word...say it over and over and over until it gets in you...and rehearse His blessings...what has he brought you through to get you to this point?   So tomorrow, and Wednesday and in the days that follow where Jeff doesn't feel well and I have to fight that fear away again, I will rehearse God's word and His goodness.  He has never failed me, he's not going to start now.

For those of you who are fretting over the election tonight, let me remind you that God is already in tomorrow.   Regardless of who is elected tomorrow, He is sovreign and He is in control.  As Christians, we must remember that.   Yes, we have a responsibility to do our part and vote, but ultimately, God is in control.  "He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning." Daniel 2:21

I'm telling my heart tonight to be still...be still and know that He is God...I think that applys to a lot of folks tonight!   So, hey you...BE STILL!
2

No comments:

Post a Comment