Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our Journey (Post 2)


September 27
Ever find yourself searching for the right words but nothing seems to really capture what you are trying to say?   That is where I find myself tonight.   It's been an overwhelming day.   Jeff had his 1st chemo treatment on Monday and today has been wiped out pretty much all day.   Thankfully, friends and family who've been through this had us prepared and expecting it...otherwise it would have really scared me.  I found myself looking at this man that I love tonight and being so thankful for everything he is.   He is a Godly husband, father, and friend.   He tends to be a little (ok a lot) on the skeptical side and he perfectly balances me (who falls for just about anything).    Many nights he has held me and prayed over me...prayed for my healing, prayed for my peace of mind, prayed for ME.   Tonight, it was my turn.   He, ofcourse had already drifted off to sleep and I felt prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray over him.    To pray for his healing, for his peace of mind, for HIM.    I cannot adequately describe the joy that came over me as words began to flood from my soul...not just my words, but I believe it was the Holy Spirit interceding on his behalf.   Suddenly, the sweetest peace began to fill our room along with the assurance that God is in control.    I am so thankful.

I am overwhelmed by my love for him.   We've been married just over 23 years now and I just love him more everyday.   I've asked God for something big...for now, I'm gonna just keep that to myself, ok?   But I do believe He spoke to me tonight and gave me a promise and words of encouragement.   That's the great part about this God I serve...He won't let me go through this alone.   I can't imagine facing even one day without Him.   Friend, if you have a problem that is bigger than you are...take it to Jesus.    I promise you, it's not a cliche', it's not a crutch...He is real and He cares so very deeply for you.    If you don't know Him, but you want to, it would be my priviledge and honor to introduce you to Him.    I'll close tonight with the lyrics to an old song that is on my lips ...
  Jesus is the sweetest name I know,
And He's just the same, as His lovely name.
That's the reason why I love Him so,
Jesus is the sweetest name I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment