Thursday, January 10, 2013

Our Journey (Entry #3)


September 29, 2012



 
I decided yesterday that I would not post again until I could do it without bawling my eyes out...those of you who know me know that I don't like to cry.  (I cry ugly...not pretty at all!)    Honestly, I was wondering how long it would take for Jeff to start feeling better and for me to be able to breath again.  Thank God that He changes things!   I am certain it is because of the prayers of so many across this world for my husband.   You prayed and God answered!!!    I'm posting, not because I think our situation is any worse than anyone elses or because I think you are especially interested in every detail of our lives.   Instead, I believe I am posting each of these entries because God has a message for you...perhaps, somehow, when you read our story, you will understand that the same God who is bringing us through this trial, wants to do the same for you...no matter how big or small your trial may seem.

Over and over during the past few days, God has spoken a word to me...just one...THROUGH.   Some of you have sent me scriptures and songs, texts and phone calls that God used to say that one word to me.   I look at it and wonder, how is it that this little 7 letter word brings me so much peace?   This little preposition has become precious to me.  Here's what the dictionary says it means: 
1.in at one end, side, or surface and out at the other: 2.past; beyond
3.from one to the other of;  4.over the surface of, by way of, or within the limits or medium of:
I believe that God is saying to me that this cancer 1)has a beginning and an ending...and He knows one from the other...He will bring us THROUGH!   2) That we will get past or beyond this...we are just passing THROUGH! 3) This is a season of transistion for us as we move from one realm of ministry to another...we will not be the same once we have come THROUGH!  and 4)That although cancer seems huge to us, to Him it is only a means to bring about a greater glory...and it is MY GOD who determines where the limit lines are drawn...He will say when we are THROUGH!   

For several years, I've sung a precious Crabb family song, Through the Fire...yet I think I did it a great mis-service.   I thought I understood the words, but those have new meaning for now.   A deeper meaning.   Tonight, I'll leave you with the chorus:

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered our victories without fighting but He said help would always come in time.
Just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision and advesary says give in, just hold on
My God will show up and He will take you THROUGH the fire again!

Friends, He won't be late...He will bring us THROUGH.  I am as confident of that as I am of my name...He WILL BRING US THROUGH!!!   Somebody, give my God the glory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment